RATES and performance options
Check our online brochure to see our standard rates and check your budget.
- Sound system: are you using a cd or MP3 based system to play music?
If we need to speak, we may need access to a microphone [this is for lessons and shows where we get the audience to come join us]
- Staging: When possible, describe the stage area we will be using – is it a raised stage/ auditorium setting? Is it an amphitheatre? Is it level with the audience where we can dance amongst the people? Is it an outdoor or indoor stage? Let us know what you can!
- Outside performances: Our costumes and health are important to us. Please consider having a covered area/ rain location in mind when planning any outside events.We do honour our commitments, with the caveat that dancing in the rain can be unsafe for footing and destructive to our costumes, and we may have to reconsider performing in the case of an unsafe situation.
- Changing area/green room: We need a private, secure area to get ready, away from the public. If a washroom is nearby, and that is public, that’s fine, but we still need somewhere safe to leave our personal items while performing.Sometimes this is not easily achieved, but if you can offer us something, we’ll work with it!
- What time will we be performing? We need to allow for about 30-45 minutes of preparation for ourselves before we go on. We don’t need to be there hours early and getting in the way of other performers/ set up crew etc.! If we are part of a 3 hour show, let us know what time in the roster we will be on and we’ll be there with enough time for your comfort and ours!
- How long will we be performing?
We plan our shows based on your needs, and if we know well in advance if you want 5 minutes or 15 minutes, or whatever length works for your event, that makes it easiest for us to plan our routines and prep our dancer[s].
Food and Drink:
Some events have a meal or snacks provided. We, in general, do appreciate food when offered, and prefer to be kept off to the side of the general/paying patrons, so that if we need to eat and go get ready we are not disturbing the rest of the event. Even better, if food is provided in the changing area/ green room, that way we can eat and be completely discrete!
If there is not food, no problem but:
PLEASE PROVIDE WATER in the backstage/changing area for after our performance.
It need not be fancy, but a few bottles or access to cups and a pitcher of water helps us immensely!